A business valuation is an appraisal or determination of the value of a complete business entity as of a specific date. Hallmark Business Consultants perform business valuations for a variety of situations including the following:
- Owner wants to sell a business or company soon or in the future
- Owner is considering retiring and may have successors
- Owner would like to grow the business or company
- Owner is contemplating a merger
- Owner wants a partner or investor
- Owner is doing estate planning
- Owner is getting divorced
- Owner is applying for a bank loan
Fair value accounting standards tell the valuator to evaluate businesses and companies using multiple approaches before determining the most suitable valuation methods. Effective methodologies allow for adjustments to financial data, including normalizing and projecting the financial data. Hallmark includes industry and economic analyses that are appropriate for the business or company. This means having comparable data that is reliable and credible for the relevant industry; and a relevant timeframe.
Hallmark’s business valuations comply with the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice and the Statement on Standards for Valuation Services (SSVS) of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
Call now to discuss allowing us to provide you a business appraisal. We will provide you with a document list for information that we shall need to provide you a quality appraisal report for a reasonable fee.
Call our office at
for your business valuation